Are you planning to build or replace your deck in Spokane? There’s a lot to think about—from design to choosing the best deck building company and the best deck boards.
Table of Content
Tip #1: Work with local deck contractors
Tip #2. Choose a Timber Tech deck designer and contractor
Tip #3: Look for these five characteristics
Tip #4: Don’t hesitate to ask questions
Tip #5: Find out more about their design process
While you could (in theory) do everything yourself, the task requires specific skills and specialized tools.
A more straightforward solution is to hire a deck contractor near you.
Searching for local deck builders is simpler than ever because of the internet. But it’s not enough to simply browse online listings, pick the first company that you see, and hope for the best.
After all, this is your deck we’re talking about—and you need top-caliber deck installers to ensure that your investment will stand the test of time, add value to your property, and be a source of enjoyment for years to come.
Now you may be asking: How do I find a good deck building company near me? Knowing where to look and what questions to ask are crucial to finding the right decking contractor.
Here are 5 Crucial Tips to Find the Right Decking Contractor and the Best Deck Building Company:
Tip #1: Work with local deck contractors.
When it comes to anything deck-related, going local is always recommended. It’s easier to coordinate with local builders who understand your area’s climate and style preferences.
And when you choose deck builders in your area, you can visit their projects to gauge their work quality and even get firsthand feedback from their other customers.
Beyond these reasons, you may be wondering: Why should I work with deck builders near me?
Because local contractors can save you time and money. They know all about material costs, local building codes, and permit requirements in Spokane and surrounding areas.
This means that they can navigate the legal and logistical aspects of your project efficiently, ensuring that everything goes smoothly and stays compliant.
Tip #2. Choose a Timber Tech deck designer and contractor.
When it comes to top-quality decking, Timber Tech is a leader. Their decking looks and feels like real wood—but without all the maintenance real wood requires.
They use special technology for natural wood textures and color blending. Plus, Timber Tech decks resist fading and staining, and don’t splinter, crack, or rot. The result? Your deck stays beautiful and low-maintenance for years!
As you may already know, wood can have issues with:
• Sun damage
• Mold and mildew
• Grease and food stains
• Cracking and splitting
• Insect damage
Wood decking materials also contribute to deforestation.
In fact, the lumber industry is a major driver of deforestation, contributing to habitat loss, climate change, and water pollution.
In contrast, Timber Tech offers:
• Moisture resistance
• Easy cleaning
• Splinter-free quality
• Insect resistance
• Fade and stain warranties
And because it’s made of up to 85% recycled material, it’s more sustainable than wood.
Timber Tech has two types of decking:
- Their advanced PVC decking looks incredibly realistic and outperforms other options. Some collections even offer multiple widths for more design flexibility.
- They also have composite decking, which goes beyond traditional composite! These materials have lifelike wood textures and a protective cap that keeps moisture out and color in for a long-lasting, worry-free deck.
A Timber Tech composite deck builder can tell you more about these materials and help you make the right choice.
They can guide you in product selection and installation, helping you create a beautiful and low-maintenance outdoor space!
Now you might be asking: Where can I find Timber Tech deck contractors near me?
Well, if you’re in Spokane or surrounding areas, Outdoor Cedar Structures LLC is a great choice!
We are Recognized by Timber Tech as a authorized contractor to install their range of high-quality decking products.
You can expect durable, beautifully constructed decks built to last, with expert installation that adheres to the highest industry standards.
Tip #3: Look for these five characteristics.
Finding the right deck contractor involves more than just comparing prices. A professional deck contractor should offer:
- Clear communication
- Positive reviews
- Strong community reputation
- Familiarity with your preferred decking material
- Experience with your specific project type
These qualities ensure that your deck project will be handled professionally and that the results will exceed your expectations.
Tip #4: Don’t hesitate to ask questions.
You need to ask the right questions if you want to gauge the expertise and reliability of a prospective deck builder in your area.
This helps build trust and lets you understand the contractor’s approach to your project.
What questions should I ask deck installers near me? Here are some ideas, but you could of course add more:
- How long have you been installing decks in Spokane?
- How often do you build decks?
- Have you worked on projects like mine?
- Do you provide written bids, estimates, and schedules?
- Can you explain your pricing?
- Can I talk to other homeowners you’ve worked with?
Tip #5: Find out more about their design process.
Great decks start with great designs. This is why you should work with deck installers near you who can bring your vision to life with creative and practical solutions.
Go ahead and ask about railings, access points, and outdoor lighting in your initial consultation.
Their design process should address your needs and preferences, and integrate these elements into a cohesive and functional plan.
Outdoor Cedar Structures LLC offers both design and installation, including decks and railings.
If you’re a contractor or homeowner with readymade plans, we can also provide a no-cost installation estimate.
When you choose outdoor living the Outdoor Cedar Structure Way you choose
To partner with some of the best decking and masonry manufactures in the industry that stand behind their products.
- Communication with your contractor. We value your relationship and want to do our best to bring your dreams to life.
- You will be provided with a single point of contact for the duration of your project.
- Accurate estimates including a clearly defined scope of work .
- National Concrete and Masonry Associations best practices implemented in both paver and retaining wall applications.
- Properly sized under structure based on joist spans
- Joist spacing at 12 inches for composite applications.
- Footer size and spacing to match or exceed local code requirements.
- Metal connection plates at all critical lumber connections.
- Hidden or color complimenting fasteners used to attach decking when applicable.
- Joist tape or flashing installed on top of joists and blocking to extend the life of the understructure.
- Any required engineering and permits provided for your protection and peace of mind .
- Years of memories with the people you love.
Choose Outdoor Cedar Structures LLC
Looking to create the perfect deck? You can count on Outdoor Cedar Structures LLC. As a family-owned business in Spokane, we stay up-to-date with outdoor design trends and installation standards.
Our design plans clearly outline how your specific needs and style choices will be incorporated into the deck’s layout and features.
We’re proud members of the North American Deck and Railing Organization and the Interlocking Concrete Paver Institute.
Our team specializes not only in decks but also in pergolas, pavers, and retaining walls for residential and commercial projects in Spokane, Coeur d’Alene, and surrounding areas.
Interested in working with us? Click here to learn more about our decking installation services, or contact us to request a free design consultation.